Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Update - Recovery milestone

Last weekend, I went to the beach and walked on the sand without a cane - for about the equivelent of 14 blocks.  The sand is soft uneven, and one of my physical therapists thought it would be a great idea to walk on the sand to improve my balance.  Walking on sand is more difficult than walking on pavement - but it is easier on the joints.  Upon going the 14 blocks, I walked up three flights of stairs (holding the hand rails, of course), and walked home, about 20 blocks away. 

I think I did at least 4 kilometers., which would be almost half of my goal (and reason for the second half of the title).  I don't know if I wil be able to do a 10K before the end of the year, but I'm now almost certain that i wil complete a 5K walk/run before the end of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment