Friday, August 2, 2013

Tracking Progress

Sometimes tracking progress can be measured.  Sometimes, I rely on feelings.  Generally, day to day progress - as I go deeper into recovery is hard to measure.  I just feel lighter on my feet, or my legs just feel stronger -but no measurable change.

Week to week, or month to month, many times I can measure differences in achievements - I can walk farther without having to sit, or walk farther before my bladder starts acting up - or I can walk farther without a cane.

When I can't see the progress week to week as clearly as I would like, sometimes I get frustrated, but the important thing to know is that I'm improving daily, and even though I might not see it day to day, I keep telling myself I will see the improvement if I just check again in a week.

Moral of the story: don't get discouraged because you don't actually see results every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment