Monday, October 13, 2014

Finding Inspiration: Humor

When I was released from the hospital, I spent four months rehabilitating at my parents' home.  During this time, whenever possible, I watched episode after episode of comedies, such as I Love Lucy, Mork and Mindy, the Andy Griffith Show, Get Smart, and several short film of the Three Stooges.

I believe laughter is a great benefit to recovery.  It improves your mood and attitude, both of which I believe are beneficial to health.

When I was in college, my roommate and I discussed who is funnier, The Three Stooges, or the Marx Brothers.  During this debate, he mentioned Norman Cousins, a university professor who maintained that humor was a vehicle to defeat illness.

It's not too hard.  After all, smiling takes up less effort than a frown.

No comments:

Post a Comment