Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Finding Inspiration: Affirmations

I love affirmations.  Problem is, I don't do a good job of sticking to them anymore.

When I was a teen-ager and young adult, I used to recite affirmations a lot.  Not that they'd always get me what I wanted, but they were usually useful when  me achieving a certain test score.  I think that is because I worked to complement the affirmation.

One affirmation I came across, recently, was a familiar one that I used to recite a lot.  It seems to be a standard one among self help advocates: It goes like this:  "Everyday, in every way, I am better and better."  You just keep repeating it over and over, so it settles into your sub-conscious.

I think reciting affirmations is a very good way to inspire yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment