Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Motocross Star Pauly Plewa Spinal Cord Injured Set to Run 10K

Pauly Plewa was a motocross rider who injured his brain and spinal cord in an accident in March, 2012.  His chances of regaining any sensation below the chest was given at 2%.

Now, 3 years later, he is set to run 10K May 10th in the Wings For Life World run, which takes place in several cities at the same time.  If I remember correctly, it is a race that is organized by another motocross racer who also injured his spinal cord resulting from a racing accident.

Regular readers of this blog know that I set a goal of running a 10K myself, and it will also be three years for me in June, 2015.  I cannot yet "run" any distance longer than  the length of an intersection, but I think I can improve enough to do a 5K before the end of the year - who knows, maybe even a 10k.

In any event, this is truly an inspirational story reported by cbcnews.com last week.

Pauly Plewa, SCI motocross rider set to run 10K

No comments:

Post a Comment