Saturday, October 19, 2013

Kaizen - Japanese term for continuous improvement

I haven't improved much in the last thirty days.  But I have to believe that I am still improving, and if, at the end of the year, I look back to today, i will have found that I have improved, but as far as day to day noticeability, I really haven't noticed any improvement day to day, or even week to week, or bi-weekly for the past month, or for the last month, for that matter.  I try to extend my self more, but I have to believe, now, that i would have been able to do the things last month, that i try for the first time today.

With that, I have come to believe in the term, Kaizen, which is a Japanese term, loosley translated, means, small improvements over time.   The car company Toyota, used that concept to improve the quality of their cars back in the 60's and 70's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment